This is the last post of 2020, and I’d like dedicate it to the bloggers and influencers who curated some of my favorite fashion moments of the year amidst of a global pandemic, racial injustice, and just an all around tumultuous year covered by Time magazine here. I’ve been using fashion to speak my mind all my life; so I thought I’d communicate the year visually in a timeline of 21 looks.
A FASHION TIMELINE OF 2020.
Anna Wintour said, “fashion is the reflection of our times.” From fashion activism, to daydreaming about Paris in quarantine, these brands, bloggers, and influencers stayed on point and kept the outfit inspiration coming all year. My wardrobe, on the other hand, consisted of sweatshirts, sneakers, and no makeup for two thirds of the year. This year hit hard to say the least. As 2020 comes to an end, here’s a fashion timeline of 21 moments that spoke to me this year, in no particular order. Let it be known that no matter what is happening in your life, clothes have the power to change your mood and transform your day. Thank you to the fashion bloggers, influencers, activists, and everyday people who kept moving forward despite having a million reasons not to.
1. Lady In Red.
2. Dreaming Of Paris In A Pandemic.
3. The Sweatshirt I Wore On Repeat.
4. Black Is King.
5. Best Holiday Crewneck If I Do Say So Myself.
6. Royalty In Blue.
7. Quarantine Mood.
8. Quarantine Reality: If I Just Brush My Hair With This Beautiful Comb, Does That Count As Making An Effort Today?
9. The Woman Who Changed The Fashion Industry With the 15 Percent Pledge.
10. The T-Shirt We Never Wanted To Wear.
11. When Black Women Made History, Again.
12. A Vision In Mint Green.
13. Wear Your Values.
14. Life Is Too Short.
15. Long Live The King.
16. Timeless Impact.
17. When Olivia Pope Met Diahann Carroll.
18. I’m Speaking.
19. That Time I Bought A Hat To Go Nowhere.
20. Watch Your Step, America.
21. Grateful For The Lessons.
2020: IT’S A WRAP.
Goodbye, 2020. You will not be missed. There is just one more day of you, and I am looking forward to a new year that looks nothing like the last. Tell me, which fashion moment from 2020 inspired you most? Did you go into survival mode, get glammed up at home, or wear pajamas for most of the year? Let me know in the comments below. Happy New Year! May endless blessings come your way in 2021.